The Moomins are a family of white and roundish trolls with large snouts, originally conceived and developed by Tove Jansson in writing and illustrations. The Moomin family and their friends live an adventurous life in the idyllic and peaceful Moominvalley in harmony with nature.
In all, nine books were released in the series, together with five picture books and an extensive series of comic strips between the years 1945 and 1993. The Moomins have since been the basis for numerous television series, films and even theme parks.
- Created in 1945 by artist Tove Jansson
- 13 original books released
- Books translated into +50 languages
- + 700 licensees worldwide
- Moomin annual retail value: +750 million EUR
- +16 Moomin shops and 14 Moomin cafés globally, expanding
- New Moomin TV series by Gutsy Animation, launch 2019
- Theme park opening in Japan spring 2019
When Christmas came to Moominvalley
Moomintroll and the Invisible Guest
Moomin and Little My: Colours
Expedition to Moominvalley
MacMillan announces MOOMINVALLEY tie-in books, based on the forthcoming Moomin TV animation
Rights & Brands are delighted to announce that MacMillan Children’s Books in the UK will be the worldwide master publisher of MOOMINVALLEY...
Rights & Brands Catalogue 2019 – Children’s Books and Young Fiction
Our new rights catalogue for children’s books and young fiction is being printed as we speak and here’s a preview. The catalogue...
Moomin Publishing 2019 – Rights Catalogue
The catalogue features all Moomin books, both original and new publishing – foreign publishing rights available worldwide. Download the...