The Moomins are a family of white and roundish trolls with large snouts, originally conceived and developed by Tove Jansson in writing and illustrations. The Moomin family and their friends live an adventurous life in the idyllic and peaceful Moominvalley in harmony with nature. In all, nine books were released in the series, together with four picture books and an extensive series of comic strips between the years 1945 and 1980. The Moomins have since been the basis for numerous television series, films and even theme parks.
- Created in 1945 by artist Tove Jansson
- 13 original books released
- Books translated into +55 languages
- + 800 licensees worldwide
- Moomin annual retail value: +720 million EUR
- +35 Moomin shops and Moomin cafés globally, expanding
- 4 Seasons of the Moominvalley series, sold to over 60 countries
- Theme parks in Japan and Finland
- Nominated for Best Licensed Brand in the 2023 Licensing International Excellence Awards
- 80 year anniversary in 2025 – get onboard today!
Interested in a collaboration with Moomin? Send an e-mail to email@example.com