The Children of Noisy Village
The Children of Noisy Village – Barnen i Bullerbyn. Through the eyes of nine-year-old farmer’s daughter Lisa, the reader observes life in a small countryside village during the beginning of the previous century – a life in harmony with nature and its seasons. There are three farmhouses in Noisy Village, ‘North Farm’, ‘Middle Farm’, and ‘South Farm’. Six children live there, Lisa, Lasse, Bosse, Britta, Anna and Olle. They have fun almost all the time. “I feel sorry for all children who don’t live in Noisy Village”, says Anna.
The six boys and girls are inseparable – they do practically everything together. Every morning they walk to school and help out with all kinds of chores on the farms. Whatever the chore is they turn it into a game and an adventure. To the urban children of our time their lives must seem like a dream: imagine taking care of your very own lamb, sleeping up on the hayloft or catching crayfish in the little lake!
- The books are written by Astrid Lindgren and illustrated by Ilon Wikland
- The television series from 1960 was re-edited into two feature films, ”Alla vi barn i Bullerbyn” (1960) and ”Bara roligt i Bullerbyn” (1961)
- The two movies by Lasse Hallström were reworked into a TV-series
- 6 original books published
- Translated into 40 languages
Illustrations: © Design Ilon Wikland AB
The Children of Noisy Village: TM and © The Astrid Lindgren Company
Interested in a collaboration with The Children of Noisy Village? Hit us with your idea by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org