The Whodunit Detective Agency
LasseMajas Detektivbyrå, “The Whodunit Detective Agency” is a Swedish children’s book series written by Martin Widmark and illustrated by Helena Willis. The international best-selling series of illustrated chapter books follows friends and classmates Lasse and Maja on their crime solving adventures in the small town of Valleby (Pleasant Valley).
- Since the first book in 2002 over 30 books
has been published.
- Over 12 million books sold worldwide.
- Translated into 35 languages.
- Six live-action movies based on the books.
- Martin Widmark is the most read & translated
living author in Sweden.
- Awarded “Best children’s crime novel” by
Crimetime Awards 2019.
- New comic magazine released in 2020.
- Season two of the TV show “LasseMajas Detektivbyrå” premieres on C More in 2021.
Author photo: ©Thron Ullberg