The Whodunit Detective Agency
LasseMajas Detektivbyrå, “The Whodunit Detective Agency” is a Swedish children’s book series written by Martin Widmark and illustrated by Helena Willis. The international best-selling series of illustrated chapter books follows friends and classmates Lasse and Maja on their crime solving adventures in the small town of Valleby (Pleasant Valley).
- The first book in the series was published in 2002, The Diamond Mystery.
- 28 chapter books in the series, 44 in total.
- Over 5,5 million copies sold in Sweden.
- Translated into 40 languages.
- Six live-action movies based on the books.
- Awarded “Best children’s crime novel” by Crimetime Awards 2019.
- New comic magazine released 2020.
Author photo: ©Thron Ullberg